22.4 per cent of searches in the 12 months to January 2014 were directed towards Warsaw, making the capital city the second most sought-after location in the country. Krakow was the most looked-for property market, attracting 23.3 per cent of searches. While interest in the two was almost equal, though, that activity translated into twice as many enquiries in Warsaw’s district of Masovia.
Masovia, home to two of the 10 most popular cities (Warsaw and Konstancin-jeziorna), accounted for 37.7 per cent of all Polish real estate enquiries in the past year, far ahead of Malopolskie, accounting for another two of the top 10 (Krakow and Zakopane) and 18.8 per cent of enquires. Together, the two districts are responsible for four of the most in-demand cities in Poland and make up 56.5 per cent of the country’s enquiries on TheMoveChannel.com.
The third most popular region was Wielkopolskie, responsible for the top 10’s Poznan and Lodz, as well as 17.4 per cent of enquiries. Dolnoslkaskie was the fourth most popular district, generating 9.6 per cent of enquiries. It is home to Wroclaw, the third most popular city on the site. All the other districts accounted for fewer than 5 per cent of enquiries.
The infographic also analyses activity on Google from the past year related to buying property in Poland. “Property in Poland” was the most commonly used phrase. “Houses for sale in Poland” are the most popular type of real estate; there were no searches for “villas for sale in Poland” on Google at all in the past year.
Searches featuring the general keywords “property for sale in Poland” have decreased in the past year, particularly in the winter months at the end of 2013. While interest in Polish property appears to be diminishing, though, demand for land appears to be growing. Indeed, the number of searches for “land in Poland” almost doubled in the 12 months to January 2014, with 140 searches recorded in the three months between February and April 2013 and 230 recorded in the three months from November.
TheMoveChannel.com Editor Ivan Radford comments: “When laid out on paper, Poland’s property market is a tale of three cities: Krakow is top of the shopping list thanks to its historical and cultural appeal to tourists; Wroclaw’s riverside scenery and Gothic architecture attracts more than one in 10 searches; but Warsaw, a centre of both nightlife and commerce, dominates interest from investors and buyers, to the extent that the district of Masovia generated more than double the enquiries of Molopolskie, home to Krakow, in the last year.
“Poland’s economy has been strong in recent years. The country’s GDP grew 1.7 per cent in the third quarter of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012, the highest in the eurozone area. That stability has helped to fuel rising interest in the country’s property on TheMoveChannel.com since November 2013. It is interesting to note that away from our portal, interest is also climbing in land opportunities in the country.”
Notes to Editors
Founded in 1999, TheMoveChannel.com is the leading independent website for international property, with more than 800,000 listings in over 100 countries around the world, marketed on behalf of agents, developers and private owners.
The website address is http://www.themovechannel.com and the office address is 24 Jack’s Place, Corbet Place, Spitalfields, London, E1 6NN.
Contact Dan Johnson on 0207 952 7650 for further information.