- GBP Price: £961,320
- EUR Price: €1,200,000
- USD Price: $1,545,050
- 16th Century beautifully renovated farmhouse
- Natural effect swimming pool
- Superb views over vallyes & hills
- Top quality Italian fittings
- Landscaped gardens: woodland
- olive grove
- vegetable garden
- 5 minutes from pretty bustlin medevil town withh all ameneties & easy access to motorway
- Close to places of cultural interest & supern Italian local food & wine
Amenities & Services
Beautifully renovated farmhouse comprising of three separate & private buildings which can comfortably sleep up to 10 people. Podere Fiana would suit and accommodate an extended family or a group of friends wishing to share the Tuscan experience in a truly unspoiled setting in the Italian countryside. 12 hectares of land, extensive landscaped gardens, natural effect swimming pool, and vineyard and olive grove. Located in an exclusive sought after rural location in Northern Tuscany.
We introduce you to Lunigiana the so-called land of the moon Tuscany´s best kept secret, a land still locked in a medieval time warp with hidden valleys and rivers cascading down from the Apennine mountains, carving paths en-route to the nearby Tuscan coast. Hidden ancient villages and medieval castles are dispersed in a landscape and culture unchanged in centuries, a heritage based on the landscape, gastronomy and artistic culture.
Hidden in the hills but close to the pretty medieval town Bagnone, Fiana is on the fringe of northern Italy´s national park Parco dei Cento Laghi The Park of a Hundred Lakes. Fiana produces its own wine and olives and is owned by Italiaphiles from Britain who have lived in Italy for nearly 20 years and was the realization of a dream for its owners. The 17C stone building has carefully been restored and extended, the vineyard and garden and woodland have benefitted from many hours of labour under the Tuscan sun.
Fiana is immersed in countryside with views to the surrounding hills and the marble mountains of the Apuana and Italy's backbone the Apennine mountain range. The famous cities and cultural centers of Tuscany are easily accessible by the Italian motorway network. the walled medieval city of Lucca is a 50 minutes drive and even closer the famed and fashionable coastal region of Liguria´s Cinque Terre can be enjoyed.
Fiana is set in countryside immersed in flora , fauna and wildlife which At times amble or fly past as the day progresses. There are the resident eagles who have been named Renzo and Lucia which nest in woodland above the house which can be seen on a daily occurrence; spring and summer sees the return of Russel the hooded crow with newfound partner who hops around the lawns in the early morning on a worm hunt unconcerned about those taking an early morning swim. The Hoopoe hops and hovers between Fiana´s lavender bushes and further afield away from the house deer and wild boar roam, but fear not there is no threat to life or limb!
Late in the afternoon swifts in tight formation take turns in dipping for water in the pool and when day turns to night in summer the fireflies turn Fiona's terraced garden into an art form.
12 hectares of land, Extensive landscaping has been carried out following natural contours of land and existing terracing. All terrace banking has been planted with alternating rosemary and lavender bushes now mature. 150 olive trees were planted 5 years ago now bearing fruit. The garden has been designed to merge the house into the garden and vice versa. There is a vigneto (vineyard) which produces approximately 500 lt red wine. The local area produces some of the best non commercial wine in the area.
THE SWIMMING POOL
14 x 5 MT. Natural effect , water taking colour from sky, natural stone surround.
The landscaped garden surrounding the house, vineyard and orto (vegetable garden) is irrigated by a automatic computerized watering system fed by a well and modern pumping system installed in 2006. The garden and house sit in a large natural amphitheatre affording extensive views to hills, woodland and mountains.
MAIN HOUSE & MONOLOCALE
200 square meters (m2)
- Living Room / integrated Kitchen: 54 m2
- Dining Room with raised fireplace, internal BBQ plus quality
- woodstove : 36 m2
- Bedroom 1 - Studio - Original vaulted brick ceiling: 15 m2
- Bedroom 2 - Double - Original vaulted brick ceiling: 20 m2
- Bathroom - WC. Tiled throughout in venetian marble mosaic: 7.5 m2
- Utility Room - WC - Washing Machine - Spin Dryer: 4.5 m2
- Lobby - Entrance area: 6 m2
- Master Bedroom open to apex of roof. Chestnut beamed ceiling: 54 m2
- Raised Terrazza leads to MONOLOCALE: 58.25 m2 slate floor
- Integrated living area / fitted large galley kitchen: 32,25 m2
- WetRoom /Wc: 6m2
- Raised sleeping area /Gallery/Soppalco: 20 m2
CANTINA /WORKSHOP: 50 m2
- Gas central heating throughout property (GPL) old style iron radiators
- Handmade unglazed terracotta flooring
- Fitted Professional Kitchen handmade chestnut wood with Carrara
- marble work surfaces
- Internal shuttering in chestnut wood fitted to all windows with antique
- door /window furniture
Approximately 80 m2 from main house and separated by a large grassed lawn and cypress hedge is barn structure 4,5 m2 x 18 m2 This building is currently used as a design studio / office and is currently equipped as an office. The structure is an open plan design with chestnut wood beams supporting a tiled roof. The internal space is divided at one end (4.5 mt x 4.5 mt) to create a reception area. There is a small kitchenette in this area fitted with work surface, sink, and a gas hob. This area is hidden by a counter/bar. Also in this space is a bathroom /wc /shower. The barn was designed to convert for guest/additional living accommodation and has gas central heating with a supply separate from the main house.