£606,975 4 Bed Farmhouse
Italian Real Estate > Umbria > Terni > Amelia
Click to watch video
Click to view 11 images
Click to see map
4 Bed Farmhouse
- GBP Price: £606,975
- EUR Price: €750,000
- USD Price: $962,760
Key Selling Points
- 1890s farmhouse fully renovated and upgraded- ready for occupancy.
- Stone and brick structure- faithfully restored with traditional craftsmanship and materials.
- Outbuildings- terraced gardens- patio- grape arbor- pond- olive grove- fruit orchard- woods.
- 4.5 hillside acres surrounded by additional fields and forests. Very private.
- 50-mile sweeping panorama: Tiber Valley- Monte Cimino- hilltowns. Dramatic sunset views.
- 1 hour from Rome by car or train; short drives to historic Umbrian hilltowns.
- Price reduced 25% for bargain sale.
Detatched, Freehold, High Ceilings, North Facing, Renovated, South Facing, Storage, Suitable For Children, Suitable For Elderly, West Facing, Mediterranean Style, 2 Storey
Amenities & Services
Rural, Hiking, Historic Sites
Central Heating, Conservatory, Courtyard, Deck, Dining Room, Double Glazing, Exposed Beams, Exposed Brick, Extensive Grounds, Fitted Bathroom, Fitted Kitchen, Fitted Wardrobes, Garage, Internet Access, Landscaped Gardens, Off Street Parking, Orchard, Outbuilding, Outside Space, Period Features, Pond, Septic Tank, Shed, Study, Views, Water Tank, Beamwork, Carport, Log Fire, Olive Grove, Patio, Porch
Location and climate
- We're located in southern Umbria, 100 kilometres (60 miles) due north of Rome. Travel time is one hour from Rome by car or train, a half-hour more to Rome's international airport.
- Despite its proximity to Rome, this area is rural and tranquil. At 400 metres (1,300 feet) elevation, the terrain is rolling hills covered by small vineyards, olive groves and interspersed woodlands. Local temperatures are moderate.
- It's a short drive to historic Umbrian hilltowns including Orvieto, Perugia, Spoleto and Todi. West coast beaches and mountain skiing are 90 minutes away by car. An excursion to Florence and back is possible as a day trip.
House and grounds
- The 1890s stone and brick farmhouse was fully restored in the 1990s, including a new roof, wiring, heating and plumbing.
- The house measures 330 square metres (3,550 square feet) in area, plus a covered north portico and detached outbuildings for water heater, back-up water reservoir (the house is on the mains), gardening equipment, traditional wood-burning pizza oven and carport.
- The house's ground floor contains a large kitchen with fireplace, a large living room with a second fireplace, a utility room, a powder room and an enclosed veranda. Upstairs are four large bedrooms, two full bathrooms (one en suite), and a small attic.
- The property measures 1.82 hectares (4.5 acres) in area, including a substantial forested parcel.
- The land faces west, affording a splendid, wraparound panorama of farmlands, hilltowns, sunsets and Monte Cimino in the distance.
- During our 15-year residence, we have installed a patio with pergola and small water garden, a pond, a grape arbor, and terraced gardens featuring locally appropriate plants.
- We produce our own olive oil from 100 mature olive trees. Thirty other orchard trees include apples, apricots, cherries, pears, persimmons, plums and hazelnuts.
- The price has been reduced to seven hundred and fifty thousand euros.
Reason for selling
- We had planned to grow old here together. Sadly, one of us has developed an extreme sensitivity to sunlight, so we must move to a foggy climate. We would like our Italian dream to become yours.