Amenities & Services
Just below the hilltop town of Cortona and in one of the most beautiful areas outside of town, a small villa in a fantastic hillside location with the possibility of expansion.
The villetta stands in fenced grounds of circa 1 hectare (2.5 acres) with beautiful views on all sides and a stunning south facing view out over the Valdichiana.
It is about 1.8 kms from the town itself – walking distance for the fit – or alternatively a five minute drive.
The house was built in the 60’s and is a bit of an ugly duckling externally, but the current owners have created an extremely elegant and welcoming ambience inside.
With the possibility of an expansion – 40 mtsq of living space, 40 mtsq for laundry/technical room – the house’s potential is infinite.
It has all the right requisites to merit a further investment: location, views, vicinity to services and town.
It currently consists of an entrance hallway, large and light living room with antique stone fireplace, spacious kitchen, one large and light bedroom with big ensuite bathroom, a second bedroom with bathroom and shower and a good sized hall coat cupboard.
The current spaces would lend themselves to creating a third bedroom or study by dividing the enormous living room with the possibility of converting the hall coat cupboard into a third bathroom. There is also a spacious basement garage with ceiling heights of 1.80 m.
Having been built in the 60’s when regulations were few and far between, the property is wonderfully light with large windows and views on all sides.
This would allow for a 3 or 4 bedroomed home possibly by creating another floor.
A swimming pool would definitely be permitted.
Within a short walk there is an excellent delicatessen/mini supermarket and at a distance of about 1 kilometre there is the lively village of Pergo with bar, pizzeria, supermarket and Relais hotel/restaurant Corte dei Papi. Cortona is within a five minute drive.
About Cortona International
Cortona International looks forward to introducing you to the area: to the town of Cortona itself, but also its surrounding countryside which ranges from rural and peaceful mountainside, to classic hillside and to cultivated farmland areas, all of which abounds with olive groves, vineyards and spellbinding views. By specialising in this small niche of Tuscany, not only does Cortona International ensure a trouble-free purchase, but we are also able to offer a host of post purchase services which allow us to take care of your interests from the day you buy until the day you may choose to sell.
In a unique collaboration, Cortona International offers its clients a team of English speaking professionals whose individual strengths provide specialist knowledge in all aspects of buying or selling a property. We also offer a post-purchase property and rental management service for international buyers who may be absent for part of the year.
- We do our UTMOST to do pre-marketing checks on our properties in order to ascertain their compliance status.
- This does not necessarily mean they are compliant (many owners are resistant to regularising their properties until they have a firm offer), but it does mean we have a complete picture for you, know what the owner must do in order to obtain compliance and the timelines in which this can be done.
- A survey of your own should confirm our findings.
- We work together with the registered Italian notary regarding the preparation and drawing up of all and any contracts.
- English translations and/or an interpreter are provided.
- All money deposits are held in escrow by the notary until completion.
- We collaborate with international and local agencies in the area and can organise and accompany you on viewings of properties also listed by them. This is done on a split commission basis and at no extra cost to you.
- We will supply you with all paperwork pertaining to a property when you view it.
- We will also calculate all costs relative to the purchase (notary fees, purchase taxes etc…), future council taxes and overheads and, in advance of any commitment to a purchase, complete estimates for any works you might wish to do.
- We offer, together with our partners, a full range of post-acquisition services: General caretaking & maintenance; organisation of projects & permissions, renovations & small building works and a rental management service for people wishing to rent out their properties.
The agency is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Arezzo and has been a member of FIAIP (Federation of Professional Italian Estate Agents) since 1997.