Opportunity to purchase a large residential property and/or business of 166sqm plus 87.5sqm basement on plot of 335sqm in the village of Listaros near Matala in southern Crete. One level of this property is currently operated as a cafe-bar/taverna with the upper level kept for residential use. To buy the business which already exists, the goodwill, equipment and license an additional 40,000 Euros will be required.
The property enjoys panoramic views of the rolling countryside, mountains and sea views across to the Paximathia Island. The area is known for its impressive architecture, churches and monasteries and diverse untouched natural scenery.
The village is at an altitude of 200m and is only 6Kms from the nearest beaches and there are several quiet unspoilt beaches in the area. Sivas is approx 3Kms away which has several tavernas and 12Kms away is the larger town of Mires which offers full amenities. Heraklion is approx 65Kms distant.
The modern exterior of this property has been sympathetically designed to blend into the surrounding countryside. The finishes are in natural stone and all windows and doors are in wood.
The house is almost at the edge of the village and the view from both the lower and upper levels will remain unspoilt. The sunsets are particularly spectacular from all of the large windows and spacious terraces.
The upper level currently has one bedroom but the house has been designed so that if not operating as a taverna, it could be a complete house with at least 2 bedrooms and possibly a third bedroom.
* Large corner fireplace downstairs.
* Centrally heated throughout.
* Air conditioning for the summer months.
* Large covered terraces provide shade to keep the house cool.
* Basement area of 87.5sqm in addition to the main house of 166sqm.
* The upper levels are connected internally as well as an external staircase.
* Both levels could be used independently as there are kitchen and bathroom facilities on both floors.
Large property of 166sqm plus 87.5sqm basement with business opportunity near Matala, Southern Crete.