It was an old stone house which was beautifully renovated in 2007. The contemporary yet traditional restoration is of a very high standard and has created an enchanting, comfortable home for permanent residence or as a holiday retreat.
The house is 150m2 on two floors with split levels and has a large roof terrace area of about 75m2 which is ideal for BBQ, potted plants and sunbathing. The roof terrace also offers excellent views of the mountains that surround the village of Kritsa and the blue waters of the Mirabello bay.
This house consists of:
* 2 double bedrooms with cupboards and a shower in the master bedroom.
* Good size kitchen with top quality gas/electric stove, large fridge, dishwasher and microwave. All wooden fittings in the kitchen are of best quality. A large round table with four chairs, a lot of cupboard and drawer space.
* Living room with a handsome fireplace, a glass top coffee table, a double sofa and two armchairs. Also in this room there is a large cupboard and a lovely chest of drawers.
* 2 sitting areas on the ground floor.
* Large bathroom fully fitted with double basin feature (on the ground floor) and a fully fitted shower room (on the first floor).
* An office on the ground floor with a wonderful book cabinet.
* A Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer on the roof.
The house is fully central heated,
Air-condition in the bedroom and living room,
Solar power water heating,
The furniture and fittings, mostly restored French country style, can be purchased with the house for a total of 225.000 euro.
Kritsa is one of the oldest, largest and most picturesque villages in Crete. It's built on a hill and surrounded by olive trees and beautiful countryside.
The village of Kritsa is part of the municipality of Aghios Nikolaos and has about 2300 inhabitants including a few residents from Britain and other European countries.
Kritsa is a bustling village with a great sense of tradition and a warm welcome for all visitors and foreign residents.
Most amenities are on hand in the village including supermarkets, post office, newsagents ect.
The town of Agios Nikolaos is 10km from Kritsa.
The international airport of Heraklion is an hours drive away.
Agios Nikolaos is the capital of the county Lasithi and is located at the Mirabello Bay, north-east Crete, only 45 mins away from the international airport of Heraklion.
Geographically the town is well protected from strong winds allowing sea sports and swimming nearly all year round.
Although Agios Nikolaos has a population of less than 20,000 it has a several banks, supermarkets, shops of every kind, doctors, a modern hospital of high standard, public swimming pool and tennis courts, yacht marina, harbour, cinema, theatre, gyms, a 9-hole golf course, schools ranging from nurseries to 6-level high school and generally all the amenities you would expect to find in a modern European town.
The microclimate is one of the best in Greece and the moderate temperatures rarely exceed 30c in summer or fall below 15c in wintertime. This wonderful dry climate together with the natural beauty of the area has attracted most of the high class hotels of Greece to operate here.