Strategically located in the Indian Ocean, 12 hours from Europe, 6 from Dubai and 4 from South Africa, the island remains among the most sought-after destinations in the world.
The island is 65 km long and 45 km wide. Independent since 1968, Mauritius is a democratic country that respects freedom of religion and expression.
Stunning scenery, pleasant year-round climate, welcoming people, solid development and infrastructure together with the availability of high standard health care and international schooling, plus a strong economy and stable political system, the country positions itself as the main regional and African platform for banking and financial services.
Having once been a French and later an English colony, both languages are spoken, while the local patois creole is commonly used by everyone.
Stretching from the mountains down to the turquoise lagoon, the Domaine de Bel Ombre is located on the south-western coast of Mauritius, at the heart of one of the most beautiful and unspoilt regions of the island. Nestled within this timeless scenery stands Heritage Villas Valriche .
Heritage Villas Valriche is an elegantly planned estate developed by the ENL Property Group, one of the major players in the Mauritian real estate industry, reputed for its know-how and accomplishments.
Featuring some of the most spectacular panoramic sea, mountain, and golf course views of the island, upon completion the development will comprise 288 villas.
There are 5 standard villa designs of 2 to 4+ bedrooms, available in a wide range of possible configurations. Villa living areas range from 150 to 500+ m2, with each residence having its own private garden, landscaped on plots of land ranging in size from 600 m2 to over 2000 m2. With their elegant plantation design, the villas capitalise on the unique surroundings, generous verandas and infinity pools.
Heritage Villas Valriche, an Integrated Resort Scheme
To encourage Foreign Direct Investment, the Mauritian government implemented the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS) in 2002. The IRS allows foreigners to purchase freehold property for residential purposes. The amount invested upon purchase of an IRS residence in Mauritius must exceed USD 500 000 (excluding taxes) for a maximum surface area of 0.5276 hectare (1.32 acre). It enables owners to benefit from the Mauritian residence permit and tax resident status provided that the duration of the stay on the territory exceeds 183 days per year, the property owner is entitled to become tax domiciled in Mauritius until such time as the non-citizen ceases to own a property in Mauritius. The permit is passed on from one owner to the other.
Mauritius has Non Double Taxation Agreements (DTA) with 43 countries. The “Mauritian tax resident” status confers a number of benefits:
• A 15 % income tax threshold is applied for both individuals and companies.
• No inheritance or capital gains taxes.
• Dividends and other income derived from capital gains are exempt from taxes.
• One-year membership with Quintessentially Lifestyle, a luxury concierge club offering its members 24/7/365 access to a dedicated lifestyle manager.
• A private 4-seater golf cart.
• A professionally managed rental pool.
• A well-established owners’ association, managed by the residents.
• A dedicated team, working behind the scenes and accompanying buyers every step of the way, from purchase to settling in the villa.
Owners also enjoy privileged access to the Domaine de Bel Ombre and its facilities:
• Membership to Heritage Golf Club. *
• Membership to C-Beach Club. **
• Privileged access to the 5-star hotels, Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali, ***
- Numerous restaurants and bars
- Luxury spas and fitness centres
- Tennis courts
- Kids’ clubs
- Hotel services provided 24/7 at the villa
- A resident’s card entitling owners to advantageous discounts
• Access to Frederica Nature Reserve. ****
• Safety of movement and travel throughout the estate, with clearly designated traffic lanes for golf carts and bicycles.
• Various sporting, cultural and recreational activities for all ages, including scuba diving, surfing, kitesurfing, sailing, water skiing, big game fishing, kayaking and even the opportunity to swim with dolphins. As for land-based activities, in addition to the international class golf course, tennis, archery, hiking, hunting, trekking, rock climbing, quad biking, mountain biking or jogging may be practised.
* Heritage Golf Club
The Heritage Golf Club is a championship golf course that is ranked among the best and most beautiful in the Indian Ocean. Designed by the renowned South African architect Peter Matkovich, the golf course spans over more than 100 hectares. With wide and undulating fairways, large greens, well situated water obstacles, purposefully placed bunkers and thick African elephant grass, every hole is unique and offers players of all levels a memorable golfing experience.
This 27-hole golf complex comprises an 18-hole Par 72 championship golf course, a 9-hole Par 3 course, exceptional practice facilities, a golf academy, a club house, a restaurant, a bar and a golf shop. Every two years the Heritage Golf Club hosts the Afrasia Bank Mauritius Open, a tri-sanctioned golf tournament endorsed by the European, Sunshine and Asian Tours.
** The C-Beach Club
The C-Beach Club offers a perfect beach experience for residents and guests with the added advantage of premium access to its nautical and recreational facilities. With the sparkling blue swimming pool and open-air cinema enhanced by a fine white sandy beach and the turquoise lagoon in the background, the C-Beach Club is the “Sea, Sand & Sun” experience of the Domaine de Bel Ombre.
*** Heritage Le Telfair & Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resorts
Experience elegance and sophistication at two 5-star partner hotels, the Heritage Le Telfair and the Heritage Awali each individually distinctive and offering bars, spas and no fewer than a dozen restaurants to which Villas Valriche owners enjoy privileged access.
**** Frederica Nature Reserve
Rising 140 metres above sea level and bordering the estate, Frederica Nature Reserve is 1300 hectares of picturesque hills, plains, rivers and waterfalls, and is home to monkeys, birds, hares, wild boar and Java deer. It may be explored in a number of ways such as discovery trail, night safari or adventure trail, by 4x4, buggy, quad or trek.
Seven Colours Spa
Hidden in the midst of lush vegetation, away from the pressures of everyday life, the two signature spas by Seven Colours provide a vast array of relaxing and revitalising treatments which may also be enjoyed in the privacy of your villa.
Le Chateau de Bel Ombre
Built during the nineteenth century, the Chateau de Bel Ombre has since been tastefully restored as one of the best fine dining restaurants of the island. Rising above the golf course, the vast sugar estate house seems to keep watch over the Domaine de Bel Ombre, as it has done for hundreds of years.