Property Description ID:37523760
The Mansion House "Casa da Corredoura", also known as "Corredoura Palace", "House of the Perfect Lords" or "House of the Corredoura gentlemens", belonged to the Pereira Pinto OsÃ³rio Family - earls of Alvellos until the mid 30's of the 20th century.A Casa da Corredoura is a 17th-18th century Mansion House in Portela de Cambres, Lamego,located in Alto Douro Vinhateiro, Douro Demarcated Region (Baixo Corgo) and inthe South Douro Tourism Region. Cambres is a parish in the municipality ofLamego, which has to the north the Serra das Meadas and at its feet the riverDouro.Casa da Corredoura, due to its uniqueness, imposing architecture and its luxurious interior, was consideredone of the most beautiful and important houses in Portugal, so it wasreferenced in several literary works and studies of the Portuguese building (1).The house consists of two floors, with generous divisions, with views to the river Douro, with garden and lake.The construction is in stone masonry with plaster, wooden ceilings (masseira)and a stucco ceiling in blue and white tones, wooden floors and stone slabfloor.On the ground floor, entering the main door, we have the a€;œzagÃ£oa€; (space that, inside a building, is locatedbetween the entrance door and the staircase that gives access to the upperfloors), staircase to the upper floor, kitchen, wine cellar and severaldivisions.The upper floor consists of several living rooms (of honor, of visits, of dinner, etc.), and rooms.It should be noted that the imposing facades have separating friezes between the ground floor and the first floor,segment the facade panels and aggregate the spans, subjecting them to anoverall logic similar to many of the proposals of Serliosa€;™ Treaties. It alsohas a vertical axis to the center, door and balcony. The main facade has sixlarge barred iron windows on the ground floor and seven on the upper floor withbalconies.On the south side, next to the corner of the house has an iron gate, between two tall columns of stonework, finished off by two vases of stone of exquisite sculpture. There follows an iron railing, resting on a stone wall, sealing a landscaped enclosure. Opposite the facade facing south, there is a garden with boxwood flower beds, and in the center a beautiful stone (lake) cup, with elliptical shape, with 13.20m by 6.60m.Following are the agricultural annexes and then a gate leading into the orchard.Casa da Corredoura was also associated with the famous a€;œÃguas de Cambresa€;, with medicinal properties. They had the slogan "The Waters of Cambres give vigor, well-being, joy and youth. Take away the pain. They are analgesic. "Areas according to the Land Registry:Total land area: 1.597,00 mÂ²Building implementation area: 778.00 mÂ²Gross building area: 1,028.50 mÂ²Gross dependent area: 288,50 mÂ²Private gross floor area: 740.00 mÂ²Location and surroundings:Casa da Corredoura is located in Cambres, 5.7 km from Lamego and 6 km from RÃ©gua. Points of interest:The 5.2 km from Lamego CastleThe 5,3 Km from Douro RiverThe 5,7 Km from LamegoThe 6,0 Km from RÃ©guaThe 6,8 Km from Douro MuseumThe 7.6 Km from the Cathedral of LamegoThe 8.1 km from the Shrine of Our Lady of RemediesThe 32,5 Km from Vila Real Transport and access:The 500 m from the N226-1The 6,2 Km from RÃ©gua Train StationThe 9,2 Km from A24 (1)The most complete and old description of this singular house is made in the work of Augusto Soares de Azevedo Barbosa de Pinho Leal," Portugal Antigo e Moderno " of 1875, which in Volume VII devotes special attention to the house "Senhores Perfeitos".The Portuguese poet and writer Teixeira de Pascoaes also refers the house in his work "A Beira NumRelampago '" of 1916.Casa da Corredoura is mentioned in the book " O Douro maravilhoso" by JosÃ© Correia de Azevedo.Pedro Augusto Ferreira in "Tentativa Ethimologica Toponimica" published in 1916 gives a briefdescription of the exterior space of the Corredoura Palace.Pinho.
Contact the Advertiser