Casa Martino, Cortona, Italy
Cortona, Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Property ID: 28000056
|Bedrooms||3 - Bed|
|Bathrooms||3 - Bath|
The house has 12 hectares of surrounding land most of which is woodland, but a couple of hectares have been dedicated to both vines and olive trees. About 2 hectares have been beautifully landscaped with mature shrubs, lawns, patios, covered pergolas and an abundance of flowering plants.
The property is private with an excellent access driveway. It is a good 15 minute drive from Cortona, but the views along the way out over the Val d'Esse and Lake Trasimeno make every journey a scenic splendor. A morning cappuccino or an evening drink at the Portole bar/restaurant (a 30 minute walk or 5 mins by car) during the summer period means a spectacular view combined with a fresh breeze. The popular pizzeria/trattoria Castel Girardi, with a large outside seating area, is a 10 minute drive away.
The house is built on three levels with one bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor as well as a cantina which is used as a laundry/storage room. On the first floor there is a second bedroom and bathroom, a large and light kitchen with open fireplace and mezzanine level above, a sitting room and a third bathroom. Both the kitchen and the sitting room lead out under a covered pergola - one at the front of the house and a gorgeous one at the back covered by a mature wisteria plant. There is a third bedroom under the eaves with again, an amazing view out over the valley and beyond.
The property could be successfully rented out from May through to October, the months in which the demand for holiday country houses with swimming pools in the area is high. A local family provide a caretaking and maintenance service.
The surrounding countryside is absolutely beautiful and there are many different walks (or cycle rides) to choose from. The area is made up of an eclectic mix of Italians and foreigners who get together at the various annual festas put on by the parish of Teverina (10 mins away). Cortona is 17 kms away as is the small village of San Leo Bastia (in the opposite direction towards Umbria). Perugia airport is 50 mins away, Florence 1hr 30 mins, Rome 2 hrs.
Cortona itself is a wonderful town rich in history and more recently also home to many fine wines and excellent restaurants. A property of this caliber so near to the town and yet in a wonderful rural setting has to be a sound investment.
About Cortona International
Cortona International looks forward to introducing you to the area: to the town of Cortona itself, but also its surrounding countryside which ranges from rural and peaceful mountainside, to classic hillside and to cultivated farmland areas, all of which abounds with olive groves, vineyards and spellbinding views. By specialising in this small niche of Tuscany, not only does Cortona International ensure a trouble-free purchase, but we are also able to offer a host of post purchase services which allow us to take care of your interests from the day you buy until the day you may choose to sell.
In a unique collaboration, Cortona International offers its clients a team of English speaking professionals whose individual strengths provide specialist knowledge in all aspects of buying or selling a property. We also offer a post-purchase property and rental management service for international buyers who may be absent for part of the year.
- We do our UTMOST to do pre-marketing checks on our properties in order to ascertain their compliance status.
- This does not necessarily mean they are compliant (many owners are resistant to regularising their properties until they have a firm offer), but it does mean we have a complete picture for you, know what the owner must do in order to obtain compliance and the timelines in which this can be done.
- A survey of your own should confirm our findings.
- We work together with the registered Italian notary regarding the preparation and drawing up of all and any contracts.
- English translations and/or an interpreter are provided.
- All money deposits are held in escrow by the notary until completion.
- We collaborate with international and local agencies in the area and can organise and accompany you on viewings of properties also listed by them. This is done on a split commission basis and at no extra cost to you.
- We will supply you with all paperwork pertaining to a property when you view it.
- We will also calculate all costs relative to the purchase (notary fees, purchase taxes etc…), future council taxes and overheads and, in advance of any commitment to a purchase, complete estimates for any works you might wish to do.
- We offer, together with our partners, a full range of post-acquisition services: General caretaking & maintenance; organisation of projects & permissions, renovations & small building works and a rental management service for people wishing to rent out their properties.
The agency is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Arezzo and has been a member of FIAIP (Federation of Professional Italian Estate Agents) since 1997.
In the Area
- Historic Sites
- Mountain Biking
- Rural Retreat
- Wine Region
On Site AMENITIES
- Swimming Pool
FITTINGS & FURNISHINGS