Sunshine Cottage, Cortona, Italy
Cortona, Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Property ID: 29144112
|Price Type||For Sale|
|Bedrooms||2 - Bed|
|Bathrooms||2 - Bath|
Set amongst some of the most beautiful vineyard and farm land to be found in Cortona, Tuscany this beautifully maintained, elite residential estate, provides the perfect opportunity to own a private piece of Italy with none of the hassles associated with owning property abroad.
The cottage for sale: Set in its own private and enclosed garden (of about 400 mtsq), light and spacious cottage on one floor consisting of two big bedrooms, two modern bathrooms, a good sized study (or small third bedroom), large, sunny sitting room leading out to the garden with traditional stone fireplace and modern and functional kitchen which also leads outside to the garden. The garden with mature trees and shrubs, is maintained year round as part of the general condominium costs. It has a large pergola under which there is a dining table to seat 8 or 10 people. The cottage is being sold with all furnishings included.
The views of the gently rolling countryside extend as far as the hilltop town of Cortona where fine wines and fine dining have now become idiosyncratic with the town itself. The estate, home to an eclectic mix of people from all over the world, functions on the sacrosanct basis of privacy while at the same time offering a wonderful opportunity to meet people with whom to share and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of Cortona, especially during the summer months when it is full of concerts, exhibitions, street shows and activities in which to partake; wine tastings, wine and dining functions etc….
The context of the estate: Stunning views, lush and mature grounds in which to stroll, a secluded and large swimming pool with both patio and grass areas. There is a main farmhouse (an historically protected building) comprised of seven beautifully restored apartments on two or three floors with independent access and each with their own enclosed, private garden. Within the grounds there are five independent cottages, built on one floor, each with large, enclosed gardens with trees and mature shrubs. There are two entrance gates to the estate, private parking for each resident and all of the homes have wifi, air conditioning and mosquito screens.
The apartments and cottages: The main building was restored using recuperated old materials about 15 years ago. The cottages were built new, with recuperated old materials, at the same time. It is a testament to the attention given by the developer to all detail that the estate has acquired character and is more beautiful now than in its first few years.
All of the habitations have been built and/or restored with the finest of hand crafted materials creating of each home a typically Tuscan environment with hand made 'cotto' floor tiles, exposed chestnut beams in the ceilings, characteristic doors, arched openings and stone fireplaces combined with modern bathrooms and functional, up to date kitchens.
If you are looking to live the dream of a lifetime then this wonderfully managed, up-market estate offers a trouble-free solution. All paperwork, certificates of conformity etc…are immediately available allowing for an immediate and quick purchase.
About Cortona International
Cortona International looks forward to introducing you to the area: to the town of Cortona itself, but also its surrounding countryside which ranges from rural and peaceful mountainside, to classic hillside and to cultivated farmland areas, all of which abounds with olive groves, vineyards and spellbinding views. By specialising in this small niche of Tuscany, not only does Cortona International ensure a trouble-free purchase, but we are also able to offer a host of post purchase services which allow us to take care of your interests from the day you buy until the day you may choose to sell.
In a unique collaboration, Cortona International offers its clients a team of English speaking professionals whose individual strengths provide specialist knowledge in all aspects of buying or selling a property. We also offer a post-purchase property and rental management service for international buyers who may be absent for part of the year.
- We do our UTMOST to do pre-marketing checks on our properties in order to ascertain their compliance status.
- This does not necessarily mean they are compliant (many owners are resistant to regularising their properties until they have a firm offer), but it does mean we have a complete picture for you, know what the owner must do in order to obtain compliance and the timelines in which this can be done.
- A survey of your own should confirm our findings.
- We work together with the registered Italian notary regarding the preparation and drawing up of all and any contracts.
- English translations and/or an interpreter are provided.
- All money deposits are held in escrow by the notary until completion.
- We collaborate with international and local agencies in the area and can organise and accompany you on viewings of properties also listed by them. This is done on a split commission basis and at no extra cost to you.
- We will supply you with all paperwork pertaining to a property when you view it.
- We will also calculate all costs relative to the purchase (notary fees, purchase taxes etc…), future council taxes and overheads and, in advance of any commitment to a purchase, complete estimates for any works you might wish to do.
- We offer, together with our partners, a full range of post-acquisition services: General caretaking & maintenance; organisation of projects & permissions, renovations & small building works and a rental management service for people wishing to rent out their properties.
The agency is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Arezzo and has been a member of FIAIP (Federation of Professional Italian Estate Agents) since 1997.
In the Area
- Historic Sites
- Mountain Biking
- Rural Retreat
- Senior Living
On Site AMENITIES
- Swimming Pool
FITTINGS & FURNISHINGS
- Air Conditioning