Casa Margherita , Tuscany, Italy
Property ID: 28405087
|Bedrooms||7 - Bed|
|Bathrooms||6 - Bath|
Large restored farmhouse in a pretty hillside location less than 15 minutes from Cortona. The property is divided into 4 apartments, with pool and 17 hectares of surrounding land. It is accessed by a well maintained gravel road of approx. 600 metres. The property is completely private, but there are friendly and helpful neighbours nearby (one of whom looks after the road).
Between the 4 apartments there are a total of 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and 5 kitchen/living areas. The house is surrounded by a combination of woodland and fields, with a landscaped garden around the house and swimming pool. The owners currently live in one of the larger apartments and successfully rent out the other three.
So successfully, that many of the guests come back year after year. It is especially popular with young families because of all the wonderful things to keep the children occupied: the creek, the wonderful tree house, the goats and chickens and the enormous vegetable garden where guests can pick their own fresh vegetables.
The current owners have worked hard to build up the business and in fact offer various services - such as trips to wineries and nearby towns, organising detailed itineraries for guests who wish to go off and explore alone, inviting guests to weekly BBQ's and generally being at hand and on call for any eventuality.
There are a number of people living in the nearby vicinity - a mix of both Italians and foreigners - which means although private, the property is not isolated. At a distance of 2.5 kms there is a bar/restaurant/hotel which many of the guests walk (or run!) to. The surrounding area is full of wonderful walks and for the fit, cycling seems to be a popular option.
°All of the apartments have wooden double glazed windows and air-gap flooring.
°Traditional exposed chestnut beams and terracotta ceilings.
°Bright and luminous rooms with plenty of lighting.
°Individual gas meters connected to large underground gas bottle.
°Artesian well for drinking quality water.
°Fast WIFI internet.
°Back-up electronic diesel 6KW generator.
°Property is fully fenced with a large car park
°Barn and fenced fields ideal for a horse or small number of sheep/goats/pigs.
°Large greenhouse/tunnel as well as fenced vegetable garden.
° Communal area with traditional built-in BBQ pit.
° Fully fenced pool 10 x 5 meters is equipped with a solar shower.
°The 4 apartments could easily be redesigned to create one large abode.
°The basement and garden shed offer further volume to create more living space.
°The property has all required permits and certificates in place.
°The property would be sold with most furnishings and it would be possible to move in immediately.
About Cortona International
Cortona International looks forward to introducing you to the area: to the town of Cortona itself, but also its surrounding countryside which ranges from rural and peaceful mountainside, to classic hillside and to cultivated farmland areas, all of which abounds with olive groves, vineyards and spellbinding views. By specialising in this small niche of Tuscany, not only does Cortona International ensure a trouble-free purchase, but we are also able to offer a host of post purchase services which allow us to take care of your interests from the day you buy until the day you may choose to sell.
In a unique collaboration, Cortona International offers its clients a team of English speaking professionals whose individual strengths provide specialist knowledge in all aspects of buying or selling a property. We also offer a post-purchase property and rental management service for international buyers who may be absent for part of the year.
- We do our UTMOST to do pre-marketing checks on our properties in order to ascertain their compliance status.
- This does not necessarily mean they are compliant (many owners are resistant to regularising their properties until they have a firm offer), but it does mean we have a complete picture for you, know what the owner must do in order to obtain compliance and the timelines in which this can be done.
- A survey of your own should confirm our findings.
- We work together with the registered Italian notary regarding the preparation and drawing up of all and any contracts.
- English translations and/or an interpreter are provided.
- All money deposits are held in escrow by the notary until completion.
- We collaborate with international and local agencies in the area and can organise and accompany you on viewings of properties also listed by them. This is done on a split commission basis and at no extra cost to you.
- We will supply you with all paperwork pertaining to a property when you view it.
- We will also calculate all costs relative to the purchase (notary fees, purchase taxes etc…), future council taxes and overheads and, in advance of any commitment to a purchase, complete estimates for any works you might wish to do.
- We offer, together with our partners, a full range of post-acquisition services: General caretaking & maintenance; organisation of projects & permissions, renovations & small building works and a rental management service for people wishing to rent out their properties.
The agency is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Arezzo and has been a member of FIAIP (Federation of Professional Italian Estate Agents) since 1997.
In the Area
- Equestrian & Riding
- Historic Sites
- Mountain Biking
- Rural Retreat
- Wine Region
On Site AMENITIES
- Swimming Pool
FITTINGS & FURNISHINGS