Villa nel Centro, Cortona, Italy
Cortona, Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Property ID: 30438071
|Price Type||For Sale|
|Bedrooms||2 - Bed|
|Bathrooms||2 - Bath|
In the quiet, residential upper reaches of Cortona's historical town centre, a stunning town house built on three floors (200 sqmts) which is a superb blend of the modern and traditional in what is very probably a 14th century setting. The revolutionary re-design of both the internal and external spaces by the architect owner is quite unique: He has created a home where both natural light and space are utilized to their maximum including the beautifully designed south facing garden. Mature shrubs and plants surround a good sized lawn (83 sqmts) and there is a pretty patio area (52 sqmts) which is provided shade by the wonderful secular trees in the peaceful square beyond the house.
The house consists of a ground floor entrance hall which leads into an open plan dining/kitchen area from where there is direct access to the garden.
The first floor consists of a bedroom and bathroom and a study/workroom (or further bedroom).
The top floor, again, consists of a bedroom and bathroom with a third room which could be used as either a bedroom or study. The two upper floors enjoy wonderful views out over the town's roof tops, the Valdichiana and beyond.
The modern interior of the house is in sharp contrast to the sleepy, peaceful surroundings in which the property stands, but it all works BEAUTIFULLY. The works took place over a three year period in which the house was completely gutted. The stone walls were reinforced and all the floor and roof beams were replaced as, quite clearly, were all the electrical, heating and plumbing systems. Although the owners were required to maintain the historic exterior of the building, their idea was to create a light-filled modern interior that at the same time respected the use of traditional methods and materials.
Positioned directly under a central skylight, there is a modern open stair case built in oak wood and steel which provides an abundance of light uncommon in similar Tuscan town houses. Another notable influence is the owner's passion for boats (on which he lived for long periods of time): there is no nook, cranny or useful space that has not been utilized. The kitchen is filled with an array of sliding drawers and cupboards, all handcrafted in wood by the owner himself which would be the envy of any chef. Throughout the house one finds cupboards, chests of drawers and storage spaces that have been ingenuously crafted not only for their aesthetic value but also their functionality.
The kitchen is of modern design with a Bosch dishwasher, 5 burner gas cooktop with electric oven, Bosch Clothes washer and Liebherr Fridge/Freezer. There is generous counter space with travetine stone and 4 large, tall pantry closets with pull out drawers. Numerous under cabinet and banquette storage drawers can be found throughout the ground floor.
The bathroom counters are in travertine with generous storage for linens and toiletries
There are large shower stalls in the two bathrooms with excellent water pressure
Each bedroom has two closets with full length mirrors, a dresser with 5 drawers, a shoe cabinet and under bed drawers.
The top floor studio has wall of storage units and an antique cupboard from the Netherlands.
The bedroom suites have frosted glass doors in aluminum frames that disperse the light from the windows
Lighting throughout is with custom made fixtures either LED or fluorescent.
The garden has an automatic sprinkler and watering system, a glass and steel storage and green house and
2 built in barbecues, one gas and one "Big Green Egg" for wood / charcoal burning.
Cortona's town centre is an easy walk down, reached in about 5 minutes. The house is attached to the mains water and gas system and has all modern appliances. Heating is primarily radiators with gas boiler, but there is also a pellet stove.
There is air conditioning in the two bedrooms.
About Cortona International
Cortona International looks forward to introducing you to the area: to the town of Cortona itself, but also its surrounding countryside which ranges from rural and peaceful mountainside, to classic hillside and to cultivated farmland areas, all of which abounds with olive groves, vineyards and spellbinding views. By specialising in this small niche of Tuscany, not only does Cortona International ensure a trouble-free purchase, but we are also able to offer a host of post purchase services which allow us to take care of your interests from the day you buy until the day you may choose to sell.
In a unique collaboration, Cortona International offers its clients a team of English speaking professionals whose individual strengths provide specialist knowledge in all aspects of buying or selling a property. We also offer a post-purchase property and rental management service for international buyers who may be absent for part of the year.
- We do our UTMOST to do pre-marketing checks on our properties in order to ascertain their compliance status.
- This does not necessarily mean they are compliant (many owners are resistant to regularising their properties until they have a firm offer), but it does mean we have a complete picture for you, know what the owner must do in order to obtain compliance and the timelines in which this can be done.
- A survey of your own should confirm our findings.
- We work together with the registered Italian notary regarding the preparation and drawing up of all and any contracts.
- English translations and/or an interpreter are provided.
- All money deposits are held in escrow by the notary until completion.
- We collaborate with international and local agencies in the area and can organise and accompany you on viewings of properties also listed by them. This is done on a split commission basis and at no extra cost to you.
- We will supply you with all paperwork pertaining to a property when you view it.
- We will also calculate all costs relative to the purchase (notary fees, purchase taxes etc…), future council taxes and overheads and, in advance of any commitment to a purchase, complete estimates for any works you might wish to do.
- We offer, together with our partners, a full range of post-acquisition services: General caretaking & maintenance; organisation of projects & permissions, renovations & small building works and a rental management service for people wishing to rent out their properties.
The agency is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Arezzo and has been a member of FIAIP (Federation of Professional Italian Estate Agents) si
In the Area
- Historic Sites
- Mountain Biking
- Rural Retreat
- Wine Region
On Site AMENITIES
- Tourist Attractions
FITTINGS & FURNISHINGS